2019 Yamaha YZ450F
Call for Price
Stock Image: Team Yamaha Blue
Connected As One
Innovation meets acceleration. The 449cc liquid‑cooled DOHC 4‑stroke YZ450F sports industry‑leading suspension, electric start and the smartphone power tuner app ‑ so you can dial in your ride.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm × 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-19 Dunlop® MX3S®
- L x W x H: 86.0 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.6 in.
- Seat Height: 38.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.33 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gal.
- Wet Weight: 245 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Yamaha's exclusive Power Tuner app puts the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike via the onboard WiFi system for the ultimate in track-side tuning.
- Electric Starter System: Utilizing a compact starter motor and ultra-lightweight lithium battery, the YZ450F brings the convenience of push-button starting to the racetrack, for effortless restarts under pressure, and relaxed riding when the clock isn't ticking.
- Potent Fuel-Injected Engine: A high-compression cylinder head, forged piston, aggressive cam profiles, cylinder geometry and much more work together to give YZ450F riders the best balance of open-class power with controllability.
- Advanced Alloy Frame: Yamaha's bilateral beam aluminum frame features main spars, engine mounts and engine mounting position that centralize mass and provide an ideal balance between cornering feel and straight-line rigidity.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Yamaha continues to use spring-type forks with refined, speed-sensitive damping to give industry-leading suspension performance straight out of the box.
- Optimized Suspension Settings: Thicker axle collars front and rear improve stiffness, with new suspension settings matched to for excellent rider contact feeling.
- Rearward-Slanted Cylinder Design: The YZ450F's distinct rearward-slanted cylinder design - complete with rear exhaust and forward-mounted intake system - features a cylinder head that works with the frame geometry for optimized front weight distribution. Inside, the engine features a long, straight intake tract, aggressive cam profiles, high-compression “box bridge" piston design with DLC-coated piston pin, and more. Together, these details give the rider an ideal balance of open-class power with exceptional controllability.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Breaking new ground in the industry - again - Yamaha created the Power Tuner app, which brings the power of the GYTR Power Tuner to your iOS® or Android® device. Using WiFi to connect to the bike's onboard CAN-bus network, the app allows owners to adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to tune engine performance for track conditions, record race log information, and monitor a range of data such as maintenance and system diagnosis, engine run time, and more.
- Electric Starter System: The YZ450F features a compact electric starter system to minimize restart delays on track and add convenience everywhere else. Powered by a high-capacity and ultra-lightweight four-cell lithium-ion battery, the system adds minimal weight.
- Launch Control System (LCS): LCS optimizes engine output for quicker, smoother race starts every time, boosting controllability out of the gate and ensuring the rider has the best chance to get the holeshot and lead the competition into the first turn.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: The engine breathes through a 44mm Mikuni® throttle body fed by a high pressure electric pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and power for a wide range of riding conditions. The ultra-compact throttle body also saves weight for excellent mass-centralization.
- Enhanced Radiators: The YZ450F features radiators that are angled directly in the incoming air stream, for enhanced cooling under the most demanding race conditions.
- Robust Transmission and Clutch: The YZF450F's transmission gears use a wide surface area mated to rigid clutch components, all designed to boost durability. The shift lever and shift selector drum improve shift feel with a shorter, more direct stroke when changing gears, too.
- Wraparound Rear-Positioned Exhaust: The innovative exhaust pipe design enhances mass centralization and improves power development. This layout moves the rear end of the exhaust pipe farther forward and enables a muffler position close to the center of the mass.
- Aluminum Frame: The YZ450F's compact frame further refines the instinctive handling that makes this Yamaha one of the sharpest machines in the class. Large upper frame bracing provides rigidity and durability, while rear frame spars and tuned engine mounts centralize mass for the best possible balance of bump absorption, stiffness and rider feeling.
- Compact Body and Seat Design: The YZ450F features stylish bodywork from tip to tail, including a compact fuel tank specifically designed for motocross demands. In addition to shaving weight, the body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and control feeling, while the narrow seat gives the rider additional room to move aboard the machine.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® coil spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping provides exceptional balance between handling and bump absorption, for race-winning handling performance. The linkage type rear suspension features a KYB® shock with specially-tuned damping characteristics to match the YZ450F chassis.
- 270mm Front Brake: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with aggressive pad material offers outstanding braking performance and machine control, with exceptional stopping power and controllability. Out back, a heat-resistant rear rotor enhanced brake durability.
- Lightweight Wheels: Careful computer-aided refinement of each wheel's cross-sectional profile shaves valuable weight without sacrificing durability.
- Adjustable Handlebar Mounts: The 4-position adjustable handlebar mounts are rubber mounted to improve comfort, reduce handlebar vibration and allow riders to adjust the bar position, while the handlebar itself is strong but lightweight to centralize overall mass.
- Embedded Graphics: Yamaha's unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
- Race Winning Details: The YZ450F includes top-spec details, including 1-1/8" aluminum tapered handlebars, wide 55mm footpegs, a quick-adjust clutch perch, stylish blue rims and gold chain.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.0mm × 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 120/80-19 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 245 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 gal.
- 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.6 in.
- 4.7 in.
- 27.33 deg.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue, White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)